This systemic ignorance is born out of a reliance on theoretical ideas and a concomitant insulation from real-world experience and reflection:
- if our minds are closed to new ideas
- if we reject information that runs counter to our pre-determined and defining constructs
- if we never stop to reflect for ourselves and compare what we have been taught with our own life experience
- if we never stop to question what we think, for ourselves
- if we stay passive,ignorant and apathetic
Management by commitee is never that. Committees administer. And what they administer are stasis constructs that the elite foist on the collective "in their interest". It is the antithesis of true leadership. Leaders stand alone, accountable for their deicisions. Administrators hide behind the collective anonymity of the committee. What Orwell called doublespeak has morphed today into the politically accepted activity of "spin" where words are used to justify, mask, intimidate and obscure rather than illuminate the political process.
Democratic freedom requires good leadership. Good leaders are accountable for their ideas and actions. They have integrity. It is a virtue in short supply at all levels of the political spectrum.