This post nicely encapsulates many of the key precepts of rational environmentalism as an alternative to green dogma. The predominant areas of difference are:
- a belief that free-market capitalism provides a solution to environmental issues rather than their cause
- that limits to growth are ideological constructs and not a physical reality
- an emphasis on sustained globalization rather than global sustainability
- that hysteria and politicized science are devices to obscure and dissuade widespread debate of public policy options
- global warming is a myth that detracts attention from real issues, and
- there are no environmental problems that are beyond our capacity to resolve.