Three simple questions form the basis for our concern :
- Is there really a problem at all? Who says? Oh yeah, how do they know?
- What? You thought there’s something more to skepticism’s talking points than simple questions that any reasonable person would ask? But that’s all it ever was about.
- There is no political wing of some mystery faction. Scepticism isn’t an ideology. There is no hidden agenda. There are no meetings to plot talking points and define positions. It’s not funded by anyone
- The skeptics, who have actually spoken out, are a motley crew of individuals, who don’t only question the party line, but each other as well.
- The big money never was in skepticism, although there was some talk about cashing in with a famous skeptics pinup calendar. But we don’t actually need money. We have a secret weapon. Despite the money power fame and influence we are up against, we know that neither the IPCC nor its supporters know what climate will do. No one does.
Meanwhile, for the latest exposition of skepticism and skeptics there is this open letter to the UN.
And, lastly, here is a succinct summation of the whole Climategate fiasco, its relevance and key links to comments, excerpts and the raw leaked/hacked files themselves.